Interested applicants are invited to apply for SASSETA Unemployed Bursary Application 2023/2024 For South African Citizens. The Safety and Security Sector Education and Training Authority (SASSETA) invites all unemployed South African youth aged 18 — 35 to apply for bursaries in the Discretionary Grants 1st Funding Window for the 2023/2024 financial year.
Learner Eligibility Criteria
- Unemployed Learners to be recruited must be South African Citizens
- The learners must be registered/accepted at a South African Public University or Public TVET College from the 2023 academic year going forward.
- Learners with disabilities will be given preference.
- Female learners will also be given preference.
- Learners may not be participating in any other programme funded by SASSETA e.g. Internships, learnerships etc in the current financial year (April 2023 to March 2024).
- Preference will be given to learners without any other bursaries or NSFAS.
- Only learners from a household with a combined income below R600 000 will be considered.
- Previous conduct with SASSETA funded programmes will be considered.
All applications MUST have the following supporting documents, if any one of these are not attached the application will be DISQUALIFIED. Please ensure that you attach AI I . the documents below:
- Application form to be completed in full. DO NOT leave any blank spaces, all the information on the form is required in deciding whether or not the application is approved for funding.
- Certified copy of the applicant / learner’s ID (not older than 6 months)
- Certified copy of the learner’s parents or guardian ID. (not older than 6 months)
- Proof of Income for parents or guardian ( Should a parent be unemployed, please submit affidavit by the parent declaring their employment status.)
- Certified copy of Matric I Senior Certificate or the Statement of Results or other highest qualification. (Not older than 6 months)
- Proof of Registration or an acceptance or a provisional acceptance letter from a South African Public University or TVET College for the 2023 academic year going forward.
- Field of study applied for must be limited to those advertised below. Please do not apply if your field of study is not identified below.
SASSETA shall pay a maximum R80 000 per learner (full-time), per year for approved programmes. The student may be covered for the full duration of the approved programme, if they pass at least 60% of their modules including their major subject.
This fee includes tuition (university fees), textbooks, on campus accommodation or university approved accommodation and meals.
Unemployed ,Part-time studies / distance learning will be funded at a maximum of R35 000 per student, per year for approved programmes.
The student may be covered for the full duration of the approved programme, if they pass at least 60% of their modules including their major subject. This fee includes tuition and textbooks only#
Be the first to comment